Monday, August 10, 2009

How Fast Are You Walking?

A fellow was walking along a country road when he came upon a farmer working in his field. The man called out to the farmer, "How long will it take me to get to the next town?"
The farmer didn't answer. The guy waited a bit and then started walking again.
After the man had gone about a hundred yards, the farmer yelled out, "About 20 minutes."
"Thank you. But why didn't you tell me that when I asked you?"
"Didn't know how fast you could walk." (Received from Ann F. on Good Clean Funnies).

It got me to thinking about leading people to do what they have started to do, such as church attenders. Church Attenders have decided to move toward God and many of them want to be close to Him as soon as possible. They might even be heard asking, "When will I be able to face trials - overcome addiction - be the husband my wife needs?" Those along with many others. I think I have a tendency to try to answer that question before I see how fast they can walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment